Friday, January 7, 2011

Brazilian Restaurant

I have not been taking any photos when I do end up going to restaurants or eating out. I just let the food go from the plate to my tummy without pausing to take a photo. This time I decided to take a few photos when I visited the Brazilian Restaurant in Majors Bay Road Concord. I am not armed with a brilliant camera, so I am either using my basic Olympus or Kodak camera. Or even my mobile phone, which ever one does have some battery life. Neither do I plan to upgrade, I will make do or borrow my sister brilliant camera, hint, hint, nudge, nudge.

So it was a few days before Christmas and my husband in full holiday mode (he had just over a week off from work) and decided that we should go out for dinner. I had no issues with that, said I, as going out will save me from cooking that night and also provide me a chance of trying something which a don't cook. Now that is a broad range.

Off we drove to Concord, the restaurant was not planned and I was opened to eating pretty much anything. My husband had a favorite place to eat and we headed eagerly to its location. We discovered the restaurant where he enjoyed fish and chips had closed and a new one had opened in its place. It offered Brazilian food which my tastes buds had not tantalized in. We were promptly seated and here is what we chose.

Moqueca

Is a traditional seafood stew. It was served with fish and kin prawns cooked in coconut milk, palm oil, capsicums, onions, spices with a serving of rice. My husband was very much pleased.


Grilled Fish and Chips

My son being a fussy eater prefers some sort of combination of fish and chips, not fish and vegetables which left him utterly disappointed at a club we go to regularly. He scoffed down his fish and so that was a thumbs up from him.


Brazilian Tapes Plate

When I go out I love to try a variety of food in the one dish. If it is Indian, then it is a non vegetarian tali but that is not always possible. I took the Brazilian Tapes Plate, which offered a combination of fried banana, cassava chips, smoked BBQ sausages and beef served with bread, green leaves and a garlic dip. I love it all and it gave me a chance of having banana way differently from what I usually have, that is, peeling it an eating it.


My daughter had steak and chips but I did not manage to take a photo of it. She had all her steak so that is a big thumbs up again.

I also had a delightful cocktail which I did not take a photo of. It was a mixture of mint, coconut liquer, lime and other ingredients.

Service was attentive and polite. They also offer and an all you can brazilian barbeque option, which allows you to select from a wide range of meat and salad options. Would love to try that next time.

Brazilian Restaruant can be found at 80 Major Bay Road Concord and here is the link to their website http://www.brazilianrestaurant.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment