Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Coconut and White Chocolate Wreath

I saw this adorable recipe on  http://almostbourdain.blogspot.com/2009/11/christmas-recipe-coconut-christmas.html and thought it was a quick and easily recipe for me to make for morning tea at work. We were having Kris Kringle and morning tea to celebrate Christmas. It also looks like the perfect Christmas tree decoration. The only issue would be the summer heat warming up the white chocolate and causing it to crack and fall apart. I was thinking of making a milk chocolate equivalent but I decided to pass that by and that may be something for me to make for the next Christmas. 

Also what kid could resist this.

Here is how the wreathes came to fruition. 

The Ingredients


180 grams of melted white chocolate
95 grams shredded coconut
Cachous

The method

Line baking trays or plates with baking paper and set aside.

Melt the white chocolate over the stove using a saucepan of water and a bowl that contains the white chocolate. The bowl is sitting in the saucepan. Mix the white chocolate white it melts until you achieve a smooth consistency.



When the chocolate is completely melted remove it from the stove. Add the shredded coconut and mix until they are all combined. 


Take approximately a tablespoon of the mixture (I may have take 2 tablespoons) and roll it into a ball. Place it onto the baking paper. Then with whatever you may have at hand (I used a metal spoon) insert it into the center of the ball and move it around to create the hole, in order to achieve the wreath shape.


I sprinkled more shredded coconut onto the wreaths. Then I gently and individually placed the cachous onto each wreath. 


Refrigerate the wreaths until set, I did this over night. Remove them from the fridge and then tie the ribbon on each wreath. And here is the finished product.



I didn't make enough to leave any for my family but I wanted to make them some when I came back from work. The only issues was that they managed to consume almost completely a 200 gram block of white chocolate that I left in the fridge that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment