Thursday, November 25, 2010

Wholemeal Roti Paratha

My husbands' buddy had just recently introduced us to store bought wholemeal roti parathas. Frozen wholemeal roti, where each roti is separate from each other by a film of plastic and kept in your freezer. The are 30 rotis in each packet and they are very easy to cook, so easy my kids can prepare them. Plus they are a great time saver if you want freshly unfrozen rotis.
Rather than kneading dough, which for me, an inexperience roti maker, could take me up to an hour to prepare it.  I would also be left with sore knuckles and arms. So if you want a curry with roti all you have to do is follow these few easy steps.

Go to your local Indian spice shop and buy Katoomba brand whole meal roti parathas. They will be located in the freezer section in the shop.


Here is how one looks


Now just remove the plastic and place it on a pan.



Cook the roti on both sides and if you want to coat both sides with butter. Otherwise they are fine without butter. Yes the butter in the picture below is definitely excessive and was quickly removed after my son placed it there.


Remove it from the pan and there you have one prefect roti ready to eat. My husband, who has an Indian background, this takes him back to when he was a kid and his mother prepared rotis. My kids adore them too and often request to have one for their dinner on a weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment