Monday, March 14, 2011

Spinach and Ham Frittata

Since my renewed interest in cooking, I have been interested in learning to cook a few things. One of recipe I wished to try was making a frittata. It seemed similar to a making a quiche, which my children like and so I thought I was onto a sure thing. Alas, my son walked into the kitchen when I was at the spinach stage and he declared he did not have any love for spinach and would therefore not eat it. He then walked in again I was at the cherry tomato process and said he does not like cooked tomato. Woe was me. I had already lost before it was cooked and yes indeed neither one of my little ones touched it. I was left alone to eat it as the love of my life was away and food should not go to waste, no, no. So I had it for lunch and dinner for several days.

I personally enjoyed it and I thought it looked rather pretty. It was easy, quick, such a time saver. It consist of protein and vegies and my tummy was thankful for this. It does not seem to particularly like carbs anymore.

The ingredients


1 bunch of spinach leaves, chopped up
100 grams of ham, chopped
250 grams of cherry tomatoes, halved

Frittata mix
6 eggs
2 cloves of garlic crushed
1/2 cups cream
1/3 grated parmesan cheese

The method

Preheat the oven to 170 degree Celsius. Grease a pan, rectangular or square pan. Line the base and sides with baking paper.
Place the chopped spinach in the pan and then place a layer of chopped ham on top. The put on the remaining spinach layer and then a layer of ham.


Whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl for the frittata mix and pour the mix over the spinach and the ham. 


Place the tomato halves on top in neat rows.


Bake it for about 40 minutes and here is the finished product.


No comments:

Post a Comment